Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Distractions

It's been a nutty week. First, I was a bit disappointed because my partial was rejected...then I was up again because I received _another_ partial request. This constant roller coaster ride can be a bit tiring. I'll be honest. I haven't accomplished much in the past few days. Not only have my emotions been all over the place, but school is interrupting. Mondays and Tuesdays are always rough, but I think my batteries are worn down, period. I'm really looking forward to springbreak, which starts at 11:45am This Friday. Can you tell I'm excited?

My main goal for the time off is to get a good chunk of BTPM written. I _hope_ to finish the first book by the end of March. I spent last night and part of the morning reading through what I have, and you know, it's Good. Sure, there are rough patches, but I found myself really pulled in by the story. It inspired me to finish the book. I think I'm going to snoop around the YA section at B&N one day this week. I need to start getting a _real_ feel for what's out there and who The Agent to query is. It's never too early to get started on that stuff, I guess. Of course, I could get lucky and land an agent with Narc -- one that also handles YA would be nice. LOL. It would be _too_ weird to be shopping two novels at the same time. Oh goodness. (g) I don't know if I could handle all that stress. But you do what you gotta do.

Oh to have an agent so I wouldn't have to constantly worry about queries AND writing my next book. I envy those agented folks. (g) We agent-challenged people are a sad lot.

Guess I better stop jabbering and start writing. I have _a lot_ of words to get down.

No comments: