Friday, April 13, 2007

Brainstorming

I haven't had much time to write -- or rather, I should say I haven't been in the right frame of mind. With everything that's going on, I'm finding myself slightly overwhelmed, which only causes me to shutdown on all fronts. But I have done a lot of thinking the past couple of days and mulling over the changes I'm thinking of making to FI. I'm actually warming up to the prospect the more and more thought I put into it.

It's a strange process. I haven't put anything to paper yet -- mostly just me thinking: okay, if I move this scene to the front of the book, it will help bring out this element and give it more punch. But then I have this gap in the back -- OH, but I could do this instead and then that stuff will work with a few minor tweaks, etc. It's pretty insane. LOL. But I've vowed to get a rough outline/sketch of everything to D.A. (dream agent) within 2-3 weeks. That way, once school is out I can hopefully have the changes nailed down and basically be left to the actual revisions/writing.

At any rate, that's where I'm at. Right now I'm switching into full school mode. Finals begin a week from Monday. (blech!) Oh, and I have some HORRIBLE news. I've signed up for two summer school classes. *cries* LOL. Well, hopefully it will work out okay. It's only 2 hours a day for 10 weeks (HEH) -- and with one class at a time, it shouldn't be too bad as far as homework goes. I should have plenty of time to write, etc. My only concern is whether I'll have to work throughout. That could pose a problem for time. But you know me, I'll work it out somehow. Hopefully, I'll get financial aid and it won't be too bad.

No comments: