Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Clarity That Follows

I've given a lot of thought to the suggestions The Agent made. I've talked to some writers in the know -- mulled it all over a great deal. I think I've come to an initial decision. I'm basically going to let my queries ride as they are now -- see if anyone pops up. However, I'm going to go forward with revisions. (with several saved copies of the original MS, of course. (g))

Yesterday, I was very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things he wanted me to address. But with a little time, I've come to realize that I'm the one ultimately in control of the book. It's my job to stay true to what _I want_ and if suggestions can't be tweaked to fit the vision/tone I have for the book -- then that's something I'll have to deal with later. All I can do is address the things I think will work -- try to push others I'm a little more resistant towards and see if they work, etc. I'm very hopeful as I go forward. It's a huge undertaking, but hopefully in the end I'll have one killer book. I just need to remember that he loves my character -- so anything that would be unnatural to her, won't work in the end. Just have to walk the line and give it my Madison flair. (g)

Anyway -- thanks to everyone who jumped in to offer advice. I really appreciate it more than I can say. It's so wonderful to have your support. :)

2 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

Jen:

Sounds like an excellent plan. Keep us updated!

Susan (the overbearing {g})

Jennifer Hendren said...

Susan,

Will do -- thanks for all of your info/encouragement. :)

Jen