Saturday, May 12, 2007

Baby Steps...But Steps Nonetheless

I didn't make a lot of progress today. When spring finally gets into full swing, I usually start getting terrible headaches. I have no idea what causes them, but I'm sure it has to do with pollen/allergies. It's only been the past 3 years or so that I've had them. Think it's coincidental that I moved back to NE at that time? (g) At any rate, I wake up with them and it takes a few hours and lotsa Advil to make them go away. At this rate, I'm not getting to start work until late afternoon. Today was no exception.

Of course, as soon as I start working this poor woman drove her car into the fire hydrant outside our house. *blinks* (Is my life all kinds of drama lately, or what?) The poor girl -- she dozed off after a really long shift at work. Thankfully, her little boy, who was also in the car, was tucked away in the back seat on the _opposite_ side of the car. Anyway, she was completely shaken and I sat outside with her while she waited for the police and tow truck. Thankfully, no one was hurt and they walked away unscathed. Her car door was toast, though. The hydrant won that battle, completely ripping off the outer casing of her door, popping her tire, and jamming her back passenger door shut. Could've been a _whole_ lot worse.

Anyway, the outline is coming along slowly. I'm coping with the fact that it doesn't seem I can have two productive days in a row. lol. Oh well. With any luck, I should be able to finish it tomorrow. That will give me Sunday to let it marinate and make any changes I deem appropriate. It will also give me some time to decide whether or not this is the proper format I want to send D.A. Maybe I'll condense the plot and send this as a second attachment -- give him a variety. (g) Oh, I'm all about the variety buffet. If anyone has experience with this, please speak up. (g) I need a shot with the clue cannon at this point.

The good news is that I showed what I have so far to a friend last night -- she was extremely excited about the changes and said she would love to read the book, yanno if she hadn't already. LOL. Oh well, I'll take it as a very positive thing. A second friend thought it was a bit wordy -- but where's the surprise there? (g) Oh well, I'll clean it up after I get it all down.

Okay -- think I'm calling it a night. Now my eyes are burning. Wonder why... Yeah, I'm in allergy denial. Hard to cope when you've lived your entire life without them. LOL.

No comments: