Sunday, June 3, 2007

Dreams

I've said it once, I'll probably say it a million times. Dreams are wonderful sources of inspiration. Last night's dream session goes to prove the point again. (g)

I have this wip that's been simmering for a long time -- it's a...hrm, prolly a suspense/mystery centering around a cult.(g) I won't go into great length about what inspired it, but think Hollywood...big actor...vitamins. LOL. Anyway, last night I had a dream that will work _so well_ as an opening for the book.

No, I'm not starting another project. I'm going to scribble out all I can remember and call it good for now. I have much too much going on right now to even consider another book.

But I think it's important to remember that you need to save these ideas that occur to you over time. After all, you wouldn't want to be known as a one hit wonder, now would you? I swear, I probably have enough ideas _now_ for a lifetime of writing -- and there will be more to come. The hard part is knowing what to focus on at any given time. (g)

Man, is there anything better than telling stories?

No comments: