Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hot Diggitty!

Yeah, I know... my grandparents just called to get their phrase back. (g)

Couldn't help it, though. :) I posted my first chapter over in kidcrit and the extraordinary head of the section took a look and had just a few deletions, etc.. She said it was "excellent" -- that she especially liked the tension of the new scene at the end of the chapter.

Oh yeah... I'm stoked.

Now I'm more determined than ever to make the rest of the book shine. On to the next chapter.

2 comments:

helgor said...

Yay Jen!

Those darn first chapters are tricky. If Marsha liked it, I say you're on the right track.

Keep it up!

Jennifer Hendren said...

Helene,

Thanks! I'll admit I'm pretty pleased with it -- quite a struggle in deciding what to do. LOL. And who knows, I may change my mind again. (g) I'm finding I'm _much_ more willing to hack away at this book than I was with FI. I guess that's one thing DA did for me. :)

Is nothing sacred anymore? I guess not. :)

Jen