Monday, July 16, 2007

I Blame J.K. Rowling

I didn't get a lot accomplished this weekend. (See title.) I'm blaming her because I've been totally caught up in HP hysteria -- I've seen the movie twice already and am currently in a reread of book 6 in preparation for when I get my grubby little hands on book 7. It's sad, but I can't seem to help myself. :)

Anywho, I'm back in the saddle, so to speak. I've forbidden myself from working while sitting on my bed, simpy because it's much too easy to go horizontal for a nap. So, desk it is. I've decided I'm going to try and split my writing time between FI and BTPM for now -- see how it goes. I desperately want to finish BTPM and get it in the mail, but realize I need to focus on FI. The thing is, if D.A. hadn't given me the okay to send BTPM, I would probably put it on the back burner... but I keep thinking I might be able to get that book to a satisfactory level before the hellish rewrites of FI are finished. (g) I HOPE. Every time I think about BTPM, some new idea pops out and I'm scrambling to adjust.

I've decided that before I send off BTPM, I will write out a tentative (by tentative, I mean BIG, GENERAL ideas) "outline" for WALKING IN SHADOW. That way, I'll know where it's going and that I haven't missed anything that I needed to include in book 1. I hope it works out okay. There's nothing worse than springing something on readers that you completely left out of the first book. Yeah... kind of like those cheaters from MISERY who let the car go over the cliff one week and then, during the next week's installation, showed the hero jumping out before the crash happens. "Those dirty birdies!"

{{{Random!}}}

Have I mentioned I think I'm losing my mind? (g)

Oh, and I started my new summer class today. It only goes for three weeks, which means I get _two whole weeks_ off before the new school year begins. YAY. I'm still torn on what I'll do, but I'm leaning toward staying home and writing like a madwoman. We'll see. White water rafting is calling my name...mmm, fun. Crisp air...mountains...long leisurely hikes... Yeah, nothing's for certain at this point. (g)

No comments: