Tuesday, July 17, 2007

PHEW!

I kicked some butt tonight. I plowed my way through chapters 2 and 3 of BTPM -- and I'm actually quite pleased with the end results. Granted, I'll need to read them while I'm more coherent, but it's at least a solid jumping off point. I'm just happy to have broken through the problems I was having with chapter 2... it was a nightmare, I tell ya. (g) Guess I just needed to be in the right frame of mind to slash and burn, which is essentially what my problem was. It's just so hard to do. (g)

Once I hit the fifty page mark, I want to do a read through to see if I've properly addressed all of the changes and their ripple effects. Hopefully, I'll get there tomorrow -- should be just one more chapter. The front end is the most affected, so here's hoping things will speed up after that.

But at any rate, I went through about 25 pages today -- not bad at all. :) Took forever, but oh well. I've added in a character that will be central in book 2, and I'm bringing in more clues that will hopefully amp up the suspense. Nothing wrong with that.

No comments: