Sunday, July 29, 2007

Progress At Last

I've been hard at work on Faking It. The first 25 pages went very quickly as they essentialy stayed the same with only minor tweaks. Right now, I'm working on a new chapter -- or rather a moved scene that needs some major changes. It's practically new. LOL. By time I finish this, I should be 35-40 pages into the first 100. Not bad, for one weekend. We'll see how far I get tonight. Ideally, I would like to have this ready in a week or so. (HEH) It's a goal, anyway.

As I suspected, it took me a while to get back into Maddy's head. Carol reassured me that the new stuff sounded like the old, so hey... can't ask for more than that. (g) I'm sure it will be much easier once I get back into a routine with it.

On other fronts...a new idea bubbled up this morning. It's really more of an image (from a dream I had last night) than a solid story, but I find it very intriguing. It's another YA, which is a relief in a lot of ways. You know how you sorta worry that you'll end up a "one hit wonder" in a certain genre? Maybe it's just me, but I've often wondered whether I can come up with another story/characters--probably because BTPM has been all consuming. Well, I think I've found a kernel that can be developed into something great. *crosses fingers* Sorry I can't share more at this time, but I will say it's about witches. :)

Oh, and I'm almost finished with WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr. I'll do a review in a day or two. I've vowed to get through some of my TBR pile before school begins. It's hard to balance with revisions, but I know it's very beneficial to my writing so I'm trying to set aside some time every day. Not always easy. I swear, I'm going to crawl my way back into the school year. lol. It will not be pretty. But for now, one more week of my summer class...and then two glorious weeks of down time. Can't wait!

No comments: