Friday, July 6, 2007

Rollin' Along

After a very unproductive day yesterday, I'm finally back into the revisions of BTPM. After a lot of grief, I _think_ I've got chapter 1 where I want it to be. At least for tonight. (g)

I went ahead and posted it over in kidcrit -- hopefully, people will have time to offer some feedback. I've looked at it so many times, that it's hard for me to be objective. All I know is that I want the first chapter to have quite an impact and leave readers wanting to turn the page. I think the original was _interesting_, but not necessarily a BAM piece of work that it needed to be. I HOPE this version is.

Now that this new scene is settled, hopefully the next 3-5 chapters should roll along pretty smoothly. It's mostly going to be deciding what to cut. This YA is getting a _bit_ out of control. I think it's hovering right around the 66-67K mark right now. *hee* (g) And I still have at least 2 scenes I want to add.. lol. Of course, I can think of a few places that need definite trimming... so hopefully it will all balance out in the end. Honestly, I'll be happy if I can keep it between 65-70K. (g) I know that's long, but what can you do?

It's just such a relief to have this first chapter finished... HOPING people like it.

No comments: