Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Screech!

And so goes my progress.

Actually, I worked on chapter 2 and 3 for a good portion of the evening. I just found many unexpected changes that needed to be made, and I became a bit overwhelmed with the process. Yeah, I got a headache. (g)

But I did work, and I did move forward. I'm happy with that. If I'm lucky, I can wrap up these changes tomorrow. I've made a lot of notes and KNOW what I need to do. It's just a matter of integrating them into the scenes I have now.

You know, that sounds so easy, but it's really a frustrating process. I think it's because in any scene you write, you create a certain rhythm with the exposition... adding in additional details tends to throw that off, and it takes many little adjustments to make it all flow together again. It's sooo time consuming, and I'll admit I easily lose patience. BUT -- chapter 4 remains intact and in the same place it was before. Things _should_ get easier. *prays*

2 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

Jen:

I'm right there with ya, soul-sister. {g}

Actually I had it easy with this round of revisions, because I knew they were revisions-lite, and I would be going back a couple more times--I just had to get the major plot changes in. But those damned ripple effects. {sigh}

Jennifer Hendren said...

Susan,

*double sigh* for the ripple effects. They cause such havoc. I'm hoping to get out of this area soon or lose my mind in the process. (g) I swear, sometimes it seems like it would be easier to chuck out my current scenes and rewrite them from scratch... HMMM. (g)

Jen