Thursday, July 26, 2007

Whoot!

I finished chapter 4 of BTPM. Hip Hip Huzzah! I printed out the first 50 pages (the first 4 chapters) for a read through. It wasn't too bad. (g) And since I'm tired, that's saying a lot. If you know anything about me, it's that I tend to be a bit harsh on myself late at night. No clue why, but there it is.

Anywho, there are a few continuity issues I'll need to address -- nothing major. I'm also unsure whether to leave that darn flashback. It's only about a page and a half now, but I'm wondering if I should just chuck it and summarize in the narration. I may depend on taking a poll of willing readers. (VBG)

I'm hoping these first four chapters are okay. My goal is to slowly raise the tension level for the big moment in chapter 5. I'm packing more and more into this book, but my greatest fear is that I'll put too much and bog down the pace. You never know. Gah, too tired to think about it tonight. I'll take a look when I'm fresh.

But, I must relish this moment -- the next few chapters will only need minor tweaks. I've passed a HUGE hump. *yay*

Oh, can I just say how happy I am -- only 6 days left of my class. (WOO-WOO!!)

No comments: