Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm Addicted To Books

I admit it. I shouldn't be set loose in B&N. EVER.

I received one of those lovely 25% off one item coupons in the mail and said, hey..better use that before it expires. Went in with the notion of buying one...maybe two books. Yeah, I walked out with _eight_ books. So, here are today's purchases:

The Midnighters Series by Scott Westerfeld
- Touching Darkness
- Blue Noon
- The Secret Hour

(BTW, I went in thinking I would buy the first book to see if I liked this series as much as UGLIES. Either I'm a doof, or their exact order is nowhere to be found. I had to buy all three lest I guess the wrong one. Yeah...excuses. (G) I _could've_ looked at the copyright dates.)

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

(I loved UGLIES...what can I say?)

Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

(Saw that this one was a National Book Award Finalist -- looked interesting.)

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfeld

(Been curious about this one.)

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

(Hey, I told you she was going on my TBR list after her appearance with Libba Bray in "Girls on Film." (g))

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

(Another Libba Bray referral of sorts. And it's a Newberry...so hey...sounds great.)


Yeah, so there you have 'em. Sad thing (depending on how you look at it)? I didn't get the Maureen Johnson book I wanted because they didn't have it. AND, I have another coupon for an online order. *VERY BIG GRIN*

Oh...and did you notice only one was an adult novel?? Hmm.

6 comments:

Precie said...

Well, I think you picked a worthwhile adult novel to spend the money on. I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale right now and, so far, I'd recommend it.

I'm exactly the same way in B&N...it's a sickness...even if I go in just to browse or get children's books for the kid, these other books somehow sneak into my arms before I get to the cash register.

helgor said...

Two words...library card!

LOL

Have fun reading!

Kerryn Angell said...

I'm a self proclaimed book addict myself and have stopped going into bookstores by myself for this precise reason!

I really liked The Thirteenth Tale. It was a bit different but in a good way. I hope you like it... when you get around to reading it. :)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Precie,

Well, I ended up with 6 books from the Teen section, one from the YA section, and one from the adult. Clearly no section of that store is safe from me. Then I went home and ordered the Spiderwick Chronicles. Goodness. :)

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Helene,

Yeah, I've tried the library thing. The problem is that I buy/rent a book and then end up shelving it for a while as something else captures my attention. I'm never able to finish a book in the time period allotted. Plus, yanno...I'm practicing good book buying karma. Hopefully people will buy mine someday. :) Not to mention my dream of having a HUGE library. I'm well on my way. (g)

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Kerryn,

Oh good...TTT looks really interesting, so I'm happy to see two recommendations. :)

And yeah, B&N is my church. :) I'd worship every week if my bank account could handle it. (g)

Jen