Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Tools In Siberia

I've decided to change up my work environment. Planted myself in the dining room to avoid all distractions. Worked for a while, but then my aunt and uncle decided to watch a movie ten feet from where I'm sitting. LOL. They're...well, let's just say the volume is a bit overwhelming, even with my iPod blaring in my ears. Anyway, thought I'd take a pic...cuz, I'm bored and my ears are ringing from the original Bourne Identity. LOL. I think it's almost over. (YAY)

But no, seriously...I'm getting some good writing in tonight. The word count isn't tremendous, but I'm making progress on a scene that's been giving me a lot of trouble. I consider that a HUGE step forward. Anyway...here's my new space. Whatcha think?


Ah, the essential tools. My computer, of course. Other than that...pen and paper does the trick for jotting down random thoughts. My outline is there, too, though it's hidden underneath. Wouldn't want to spoil too much. (Very big wink) And yes, the wine is a necessity. (g) Dude, is my computer falling apart or what? I guess I would be too if I were lugged around everywhere my owner went. :)



Notice the nice brick wall that I get to stare at should my mind wander off. (g) Of course, that doesn't quite hide the floor to ceiling windows to my right. But it's all good...much better than staring at my bookshelves. (g)

4 comments:

Precie said...

Good luck with the change of space! Too bad it can't be soundproofed. LOL!

I hope you submitted to moonrat's jacket copy contest! I think it will be fun, and the deadine is 11:59 tonight!

Jennifer Hendren said...

Hmmm, not sure I have the energy to write anything new. LOL. Do you think either of my hooks in the sidebar would be okay?

Jen

Precie said...

Oooh, YES, I think either of those would work wonderfully! You just have to add a 1-2 sentence "headline" and some bio copy, and you're good to go!

Jennifer Hendren said...

I had decided NOT to do the contest, and changed my mind when she sent out that last 48 min. reminder. I got my submission in ON the nose...exactly 1159PM. ROFL. It was pretty silly, but oh well -- just for fun. :)