Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amen And Hallelujah!

That's all I have to say about Kristin Nelson's post, found HERE.

Well, not all, I guess. (g)

I'm not sure how I feel about the no vampires bit. I mean, it's one of those general themes that people never really get tired of. But from Kristin's talk with the editor at Little Brown the other day, obviously people are trying to cash in on the success of the TWILIGHT series by Stephenie Meyers. I think vampire stories will always be in demand, but you'll have to try hard to come up with a new angle that hasn't been done a million times.

What I want to celebrate is the second part of her post. Let's hear it for vulnerable heroines who get freaked out from time to time...and yanno, aren't killing machines in lycra. (g)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about vulnerable females who are accidentally kickass? Hmmm...that description reminds me of someone. It's funny how certain loveable (yes, I do love her lol) characters can get in such messed up situations and due to extremely good luck, always escape unscathed. Ah, Maddy. Such a lovely girl you are.

OT: Send a girl an email once and a while. Jeez, I'd at least like to know you're still breathing lol.

Ps. ignore any spelling mistakes. Having a bad day lol.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Jenna,

Aww, girl...you made my day. Thanks for that! (g) I lurve her too. :)

And yes...sorry I've been M.I.A. Life has been throwing me a few curve balls, and I'm struggling to maintain... hopefully everything will calm down (doubt it). LOL.

Jen