Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Two More Days!

That's how long I have until the entire family--dogs included--leave for vacation. I'll miss them and all, especially my little snuggly pups, but I'm really looking forward to some peace and quiet. There are just too many distractions, and writing is SO easy to put off when there are other, easier things I could be doing. (g) For instance, my uncle is down the hall in his office, watching The Day the Earth Stood Still. I love that movie. I want to shutdown my computer and go watch it. Gak.

I'm in the middle of a scene that I can "see" sooooo clearly, but when I try to write it, nothing comes. I keep running up against a wall and I'm annoyed to no end. LOL. The great thing is that I see exactly where it all connects with several other scenes, and once I finish it, I'll have a huge block put together. But alas, the words just aren't coming today. I'll keep plugging away, but I really need to do some crits in exercises. This month is almost over, and I have a good 15 to get to still. Le Sigh.

In other news, I went to the library and checked out some more goodies.

They didn't have the next Mary Russell mystery (Laurie R. King) -- both copies were checked out. :( I had to make do with other selections -- the next Dana Stabenow, the next Anne Perry, Dennis Lehane's SHUTTER ISLAND, Stephen King's THE GUNSLINGER (I'm still in the mood) -- and I renewed Elizabeth George's WRITE AWAY. Too many books, not enough time to read. I almost got Stephen King's DESPERATION (a friend recommended it--highly) but I saw how thick it was (almost 700 pages) and put it back on the shelf. LOL. Maybe next time. (g) Oh! And I got my shipment of YA's yesterday. Seriously -- I have no time for all of these books. In fact, I may throw them all in a closet until I finish FI, which I hope will happen in the next two weeks. I'm putting _everything_ -- and I mean everything -- on the backburner until I do. That includes the forum. Not sure you'll see me much in next month's exercise. I gotta do what I gotta do, you know? It feels so close, yet SO far away.

With that in mind, I'm gonna go jump back into that scene. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Precie said...

Speaking of the forum, I lurked for a bit yesterday, and it looks like there have been a few changes since my last visit.