Monday, July 14, 2008

Hola!

Well, I pulled out everything for FI today and did a read through. Unfortunately, I'm feeling a little discouraged at the moment -- there just seems to be so much left to do. Blah. I'm chalking it all up to being exhausted. My week (last week, that is) didn't turn out the way I expected. Grandpa came to town in order to get his teeth fixed (LONG overdue). Anyway, I was put on official Grandpa-watch--had to make sure he ate enough pudding and ice cream, had something to drink at all times, and was fairly entertained throughout the day. He didn't want to do anything other than listen to music and talk. And the talking was pretty sporadic. I couldn't really write so I did some reading in between our convos.

Then this weekend was BUSY. Lots of working, late hours...throw in a couple of friends who came to town (a visit that lasted almost 8 hours!! LOL), and it was gone, gone, gone. So yeah, new week, fresh start. I'm going to pull out one small section of FI tonight and just try to concentrate on that. If I look at the whole, I become overwhelmed. Weird because I know there's not THAT much left to add. It's just that there are a lot of little problems I need to fix and well...yeah...that equals one freaked-out Jen.

Anyway, finished a couple of books.

Stephen King's THE GUNSLINGER -- can't say I loved it, but I'm interested enough to at least try the next book. I have to admit, I'm a little lost on some of the terminology, but his world-building is good overall. I seem to recall someone saying that the first book wasn't really representative of the series as a whole (meaning the others are much better), so we'll see.

Dana Stabenow's DEAD IN THE WATER -- so, I've made a decision about this series. It's a BUY. :) Her writing really did a huge leap between books 1 and 2, and she really seems to have hit her stride in book 3. In this book, two fishermen disappear off of a crab boat and Kate joins the crew, undercover, to discover the truth behind their disappearance. Let me tell you, there is no way in heck I would ever want to do that job! LOL. She really brought you right on to that boat, and I do not want to go there again. (g) At least, not physically. But it was a great read -- terrifying, actually. (That drowning thing of mine (g)).

Okay, off to dinner -- then to write.

No comments: