Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lord, Help Me Cuz I Know I Must Be Crazy

Tomorrow is the first day of school at UNL. I feel..._weird_. Like I should be buying books or cramming in my first day of assignments. It's an odd feeling knowing I'm not going back, and in a small way, I'm feeling rather nostalgic for all of the new term events, etc. (My favorite is buying school supplies!) Granted, I know those feelings would end _very quickly_ were I actually going back, but nonetheless, I have them.

Le sigh. I guess it's all a part of spending most of my adult life in school. LOL.

For the record, I bet I giggle mercilessly when finals come around. (g)

Anyway, been super busy... haven't had much time to write, no time to read whatsoever...and I'm exhausted. Ah, adulthood. Why are kids in such a hurry to growup?? I did get some books on CD and have been listening to them at work. First on the block is OUTLANDER, chosen because I've read it before and wouldn't be too lost if I missed bits and pieces here and there. It's the unabridged version--so it should last a while. LOL. I also got the first Harry Potter, ECLIPSE, and TWO FOR THE DOUGH. Again, I've read them all before. Figure I'll break myself in before tackling something new.

Writing? Slow...very slow. But I'm getting a good couple of hours in today and have decided to give myself "homework assignments" every day -- in the ole' school tradition. (g) Hopefully that will get me through to finishing this blasted thing. Gah, know what it feels like to be soooooooo close yet to know you still have a lot of work to do?? Yeah, it's the hair-pulling time, only it's dragged out because I can't devote as much time to it as I normally would.

Anyway, off to get some lunch..then back to the computer I shall go. Hope everyone is doing well! I know I've been really scarce, but alas, not much I can do about it right now. Take care!

2 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

It was those sorts of feelings that prompted me to take a certificate course two years ago. As soon as the first class started I remembered why I had vowed never to go back to school, but now that it's over, I'm having those longings again... Next up, a Master's degree! Well, we'll see...

Jennifer Hendren said...

Deniz,

At least I'm not the only one! LOL!

Jen