Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day One

Well, M:A is in action, starting today! I've made a goal of 3K this week. I know that's not much, but I really have a full schedule. Not only is work hectic (more so than I thought it would be originally because some dipsh*t at work got in trouble and I'm helping to cover his shifts), but I'm also heading out of town this weekend for a family...thing. To be honest, we're going to go through my grandmother's things...not a fun prospect, but not something I would want to miss.

On to happier subjects...

I managed 700 words tonight, even though I didn't start writing until well after midnight. I know it isn't much, but it's a lot more than I thought I would get this late at night. lol. It's also a good start to a new chapter that has been giving me all kinds o' trouble.

AND, I've been having all kinds of ideas bubbling up for several different WIP's. Some that I'm "actively" working on, and some that I only have vague ideas about. For example, I had an idea bubble up for Narc 4 tonight. LOL. No, I don't really plan that far in advance. I have a notion of what it will be about, but nothing is concrete yet. Mostly I just know where certain books will be set and a general idea of the plot. Book 2, for instance, has Maddy back at her home office. Book 3 has her back out on an assignment, with a rather quirky "sidekick/informant." Book 4...well, you'll have to wait on that. (g) As Jenna reminded me tonight, there's no way I can let this series go. LOL. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake.

I've also had some ideas bubble up for BTPM and STOLEN. And TP is still simmering. Occasionally I get an image for a scene while I'm driving around town. There's definitely a few perks to setting a story in your hometown. :)

The best thing is that I have my "mojo" back finally. I actually feel that I can finish FI again. I haven't felt THAT way in a long time. It feels good. :)

No comments: