Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Reflections

I'll be doing my own 2008 wrap-up post in the next couple of days, but thought this looked like fun. I shamelessly finked it from Carol's blog. :)


1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Well, I graduated law school. I can't think of anything more interesting than that. LOL.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Some of them, but unfortunately, on the writing front I failed miserably.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Claire did!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. My grandmother, Ruby.

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A more upbeat outlook on things -- life in general and towards my writing.

6. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Losing my grandmother. That was seriously one of the roughest times in my entire life. I'm glad I was there when she passed, but the memory of it is hard.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Goodness...guess that would be law school again. There has to be something better than that!

8. What was your biggest failure? Ugh. Falling into a funk and letting it keep me from finishing FI. That's right... _I_ let it. My fault. I'm owning it.

9. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing is coming to mind...I really haven't made any major purchases this year. Perhaps a tub of Chubby Hubby.

10. Whose behaviour merited celebration? A lot of my writer friends -- who either signed with an agent, finished an MS, sold a book, etc.

11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? My own!

12. Where did most of your money go? Visa. :)

13. What did you get really, really excited about? Finishing law school -- not having to take finals this past fall. YAY.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder, I suppose...though I feel okay right now.
ii. thinner or fatter? Erm, thinner. I had some really weird weight loss earlier this year and I haven't "bounced back."
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer!

15. What do you wish you'd done more of? Writing.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being sad and/or a bum.

17. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes -- if my characters count as love interests. :)

18. Did your heart break in 2008? Yes.

19. What was your favourite TV program? Project Runway & Top Chef.

20. What kept you sane? Good friends.

21. What political issue stirred you the most? The election -- easy one this year. :) I crossed party lines, which is a pretty big deal.

22. Who was the best new person you met? My friend, Melanie. She's all kinds o' awesome.

23. Favorite book you read? The Book Thief

24. Favorite movie? Mama Mia -- what fun!!!

25. What are your plans for 2009? Finish both FI and BTPM and move on to something else! Anything else! :)

No comments: