Friday, December 26, 2008

Whoo-hoo, We're Having A Heatwave!

56 degrees today. The snow and ice are melting. Color me very very happy.

Had a great holiday, though I feel like I'm only now beginning to come out of my food coma. LOL. I had a quiet Christmas evening--fam is out of town, had the house to myself--with the dogs. I made some popcorn with my new Whirley-Pop and watched some Christmas movies. Strange choices -- The Muppet Christmas Carol and Home Alone. I began The Family Stone but fell asleep just a few minutes into it. It was a quiet evening, but a very relaxing one. I think I needed some down time. :)

Anyway -- back to work today -- and then I'm hoping to make my final push towards finishing FI. I honestly can't say whether or not I can make it by Thursday, but I'll give it the old college try. (Which is to say there's a very slim chance of it actually happening, but I'm going to pretend that I can do it and hope for the best. (g))

So what was the best gift you got this Christmas? I got a lot of gift cards to church, which is pretty much all kinds o' awesome. :) I plan on going on a worship spree that will take weeks to come down from. (g) I also got the aforementioned Whirley-Pop in the Dirty Santa game we played Christmas Eve. Yeah, so okay, it was one of the gifts I brought (I bought gifts for both me and my grandpa), but there was nothing in the rules that said you couldn't steal the gift you brought. LOL. I really wanted it! And the popcorn I made was oh so good. I can't wait to try some of the recipes that came with it. Kettle corn...mmm.

Anywho...have a great weekend if you're still celebrating with family! :)

2 comments:

Julie Weathers said...

Thanks, Jen, this made me laugh.

Good luck on finishing WIP.

Julie

Jennifer Hendren said...

Thanks, Julie! I'm working on it. :)