Monday, November 30, 2009

A Step Behind...Or Two

Well, I had the best of intentions to finish both MS's from my peeps...not to mention other reading...and plotting out that screenplay, etc. Ummm...yeah.

Didn't quite happen the way I had planned.

Why? Two Words: FOOD COMA.

I was in one for most of the weekend. I swear... Turkey Day is a diabetic nightmare! I'm lucky to have survived not one, not two, but THREE different kinds of pie. My family can eat, y'all. I kid you not. That, coupled with a bit of a family emergency -- well, a rather BIG family emergency that thankfully turned out okay, and my weekend was shot.

That said, I DID manage to finish one of the manuscripts and will hopefully get started on the second tonight. After that, I'm afraid the screenplay will have to wait...as will other books. I will be back at work on FI and hopefully gutting my way to the end. I'm feeling rather energized. :)

Hope you all had a lovely holiday!

2 comments:

iBridget said...

Glad to hear the family emergency was sorted out. I'm *thinking* about my screenplay but that's about it, and being Canadian, it's too late to blame it on Thanksgiving.(I'm just thrilled to hear any mention of screenplays though, can you tell? *g*)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Bridget,

I Hear You. LOL. I haven't the first clue as to how to begin...well, other than the basic "story structure" of a screenplay. (Did you happen to see my class notes from the screenwriting class I took with Eldon Thompson -- see the sidebar, under screenwriting. FABULOUS notes.) How I go about formatting one...how to write one...how much detail to add, etc. is way beyond me. I decided to download a couple of screenplays from movies I know well, just to see how it's done (presumably). Yikes...very different than novels. LOL. That said, all on the back burner for a bit, though I'll be poking at my plot every now and again.

What genre is yours?

Jen