Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Old Friends

Do you ever buy a new CD from a favorite musical artist only to discover that they've changed their style? Inevitably, your expectations are dashed. True, you may grow to like, maybe even love, the new style -- but it's still not quite what you wanted when you first popped that CD in to play. Well, this weekend I had the pleasant surprise of two artists I absolutely love living up to each and every expectation I had.

Rilo Kiley's new CD RKives (New meaning April -- I'm a little behind. :))

The first single on the CD is called Let Me Back In. I have to tell you, this song just brought a smile to my face. It's got such an old-fashioned sound, but with that certain Rilo Kiley twist that I love. Plus, the feeling behind the song reminds me that no matter where I go or what I may do there's always one special place that will always be "home." This video is good fun, too!



Plumb's CD Need You Now (February -- really behind on this one)

I love her CD Chaotic Resolve because it has a lot of songs with a real rock edge to them. The kind of songs that make you want to hit the dance floor -- and trust me, y'all... I never want to do that. Cage reminds me so much of her sound from Chaotic Resolve and I was sold at first listen to this number. And what about that kickass picture on her cover! LOVE IT!



It's been a very happy music week. :) *satisfied listener*

I also got the newest A Fine Frenzy. I'll be sure to share once I have a listen.

No comments: